I am so sick. What will help?

Hey all. I am 6-weeks pregnant with my second child. We are absolutely thrilled but I already have killer morning sickness that lasts all day. The things that worked with my first pregnancy aren't working and I'm just 6-weeks along! I've tried Sea Bands, gingerale, preggy pops, salty chips, saltines upon awakening. With my first guy, I could eat starchy and salty foods (not the healthiest but they helped). Now, nothing sounds good and it's VERY hard for me to drink water. It just makes me nauseous to think about it. Any suggestions on what I can do would be great because I am a SAHM to a 19-month old and he's spending too much time in front of the TV while I lay on the couch sick. I hate that I am doing that to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Almonds work! ("morning' sickness is linked to low blood sugar. so, small frequent meals including protiens are great. Especially before sleep)
    Also, ginger tea or ginger root will help anytime you are feeling nausea.
    rasberry leaf tea is good for everything during pg.
    also peppermint or spearmint teas help.

Hope you feel better soon!
    BearlyXen

Answer by BearlyXen at 1:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Ask your doctor about an over the counter called Bonine. It's technically for morning sickness, but my dad has nausea and vomiting a lot, so he takes it.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 4:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009