WHY IS IT SO HARD?

TO HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT RELIGION WITHOUT SOMEONE JUMPING AT ANOTHERS THROAT FOR THEIR COMMENT, WHY DO WE HAVE TO ATTACK SOMEONE ELSES RESPONSE JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T AGREE FOR WHATEVER REASON? WHY DOES IT ALWAYS COME DOWN TO A PERSONAL ATTACK ON YOUR VIEWS?

Asked by older at 1:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Yeah, I don't get why people do that. If I think someone may be insinuating something I don't like, I at least ask them to clarify before I take it personally.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It is called freedom of speech, especially topics like that. There is alot of topics that make people crazy,(RIGHT OR WRONG) if you are going to post a topic like that be ready for the negative comeback, there is always someone that has nothing better to do than to sit there and judge people...J.M.O.though!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I may be throwing myself into a fire, but it seems to me if someone can't open themselves to learning about someone else's beliefs, without becoming defensive of their own, they may be insecure of themselves or their beliefs.
    I love hearing other peoples' journies to their Truth, whether it is my truth or not. The many times I questioned and allowed myself to be taught by God allowed me to embrace my Truth even more. The many times I've discussed spirituality helped me to grow more.
    Growth does not mean that my roots are not firmly rooted.

I think lots of people are scared that they may be wrong, and don't seeks guidance from God. I may be wrong. But, it's been my impression of those that are super-judgemental.
    BearlyXen

Answer by BearlyXen at 1:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Sadly, it's not just religion anymore. It's every topic! It's sad, but thats just how some people are.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• While it's true that you open yourself up to criticism when posting anything on the internet, I don't really understand why, as adults, we cannot have a discussion/debate without one person or another thinking they have to be rude. I'll admit that I have been that way at times (did you know pms and the internet don't mix?), but really we should all be able to agree to disagree and to be grown ups about such things.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Perhaps it can get heated because people like me who don't bash others who chose to believe in a higher power or not, have friends with people from all walks of life and get sick and tired of people on this site degrading someone because they chose to believe something. If you are inquiring because of your other post where I replied to- well yeah I sure will stick up for myself- mind you not in a hateful way - when someone implies that others don't think for themselves or make remarks about people well than what else did you expect on a topic this big- for some of is we can only read so many comments about people having lower i.q.'s or following the masses simply because we are convicted in our beliefs.
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree you can pick almost any topic, spanking, to eat meat or not too, wicca, abortion there are always gonna be conflict but I feel as long as your are not name calling or just plain mean then let your opinion be heard!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• SARABROWN1220, BEEKY WAS ONLY STATING HER OPINION, SHE WASN'T INSUATING ANYTHING. THIS IS ONE THE PROBLEMS RIGHT THERE, PEOPLE ASSUME A LOT OF THE WRONG THINGS THROUG A FEW WORDS POSTED. SHE STATED THAT THERE ARE FANATICS IN RELIGION THAT FOLLOW BLINDLY AND ARE CLOSE MINDED TO ANYTHING ELSE, YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME THERE AREN'T PEOPLE LIKE THAT? THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT EVERYONE IS LIKE THAT THOUGH, PLEASE DON'T TAKE THINGS THAT DON'T APPLY TO YOU PERSONALLY.

Answer by older at 1:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• For every question there is an answer, but not to everyones expectations, or to everyones standards. So when a question is being asked just prepare yourself for both positive and negative responses, but you shouldn't get discouraged by either or, just take it and leave it at that, even though it is hard to grasp and accept.
    BakingForFun

Answer by BakingForFun at 2:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Sorry for hijacking your other post Older, but "she who doesn't bash" called me out and bashed me.    big smile mini

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009