3 Day Method Success?

I joined the group for support with the 3 Day Method for potty training, but I'm not getting much support there!! I just started this yesterday on my son (he'll be 2 tomorrow). He shows so many signs of readiness and since we are having another baby this winter, I'd like to go ahead and get him potty trained. Last night he went pee in the potty once. Today, after several accidents he did it twice in a row (me catching his signs or in the act and rushing him to the potty, but he still went). Then he just peed on the floor in a corner looking at a book. Have people really had much success with this method? What do you do when you finally go on outings, such as doctor's appointments and such? We do all of our shopping and appointments in one day if possible because we live 25 miles from the closest town!! Can you help????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep doing what your doing. Keep taking him to the potty, watch for the signs, and maybe add a little reward (candy, stickers, ect) when he succesfully goes on the potty. Your going to have lots of laundry but eventually he'll start doing it on his own. If you have upcoming appointments or errands, see if you can have a grandparent or family/friend watch him. Good luck.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 1:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I havent potty trained yet, but will probably look into the 3 day method. However, I will plan on bringing a little portible potty with me in the car where ever we go for a while. When a toddler says "I have to go to the bathroom" they usually mean NOW! My friend did this and it seemed to be really helpful for her!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 10:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2009