Is there anything that actually works for stretch marks?

I'm slimming down again and hope to be back to my old wonderful self by mid winter. However, I have all these yucky stretch marks from my pregnancy and I hate them. They are starting to fade, but I have very light skin and they are still plenty dark enough to notice. Granted, if I never wear a bikini again I'll live...but is there anything that can actually get rid of them or drastically minimize them? I've heard of lotions, but most say they don't work. I'd even consider laser treatments or something like that if it worked. Also... is there anything that actually prevents them while pregnant...or should I wait and have them treated when I'm done having kids?

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Health

• I heard sunless tanner can help hide them but u cant get rid of them so not really
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Breastmilk. :)
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'd wait until you're done having kids. Just make sure to keep your skin SUPER moisturized during pregnancy, and that's about all you can do. I heard some OTC scar creams can help minimize them.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• they do fade over time...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• They do fade a whole lot with time....to the point that you might be the only one to notice them. However, this takes a lot of time. My youngest is now 15 and I seriously doubt anyone has noticed my stretch marks besides me for at least 5 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2009