Anyone hear of milkbanks?

I've realized I make far too much milk that my daughter won't get to all of them with out them going bad. I have 40-50 bags in the freezer and 4 bottles in the fridge and I JUST pumped out two more bottles. I plan on donating some bc I heard it also will go to premie babies and mothers that don't make enough milk.

Does anyone else donate? If so. What's it like.

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 1:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have heard of it. I wished I had heard of it while I was nursing. I used to joke that I produced enough milk to feed a small African nation. It would have been really nice to have given that milk to people who needed it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• wish i knew i could have! I was like you, my freezer/fridge was overflowing w/ breast milk. It was hard throwing that good nutritious stuff away!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009