Does anyone really hate their job and find yourself depressed about it?

Asked by tdb at 7:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• the worst feeling in the world i think is to hate your job... well i guess hating your husband could be worse, but hating your job is pretty awful. ive hated lots of jobs and i think the best thing to do is to look for another!! even if it takes you a while to find the right one, its better to be out there and looking. it always gave me hope.

Answer by anniekelleher at 9:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Well I don't work outside the home now but I have before and sure have had jobs where I couldn't stand the thought of getting out of bed and going in there. I had a boss who screamed at me in front of my patients and the other employees. That was the most miserable 6 months of my life!!

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I have had a job in the past thatI hated...I stayed for about 4 years because of the benefits but then I had enough and quit.

Answer by SensualScents at 7:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I like my job now but have had some terrible supervisors in the past who have made my life a living hell! One of those I quit and one I got terminated from. The job I got terminated from I had been at for nearly 14 yrs. My supervisor thought it was part of her job to terminate people as she terminated more employees than all of the other supervisors combined. As one of my coworkers said to me, "Did you ever notice, she always has to have a scapegoat? Lately it always seems to be you." I had people from other departments come and warn me to watch my back. Thankfully they never fought my unemployment.

Answer by Mountainmom1994 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My feelings about my job always varies. I'm a pharmacy technician and sometimes I love to help people and I love the people I work with and then sometimes I get tired of all the needy, sick people and the annoying people I work with. For the most part, I LIKE my job, not really LOVE it.

Answer by msp12r at 9:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yes sometimes. I want to stay at home with my son and start a job with this company Pure Romance, but it takes a large start up cost. Though I know I would have a lot of fun doing it. It is going to be awhile before I can do anything like that.

Answer by TRyan at 10:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I work from home now, but when I worked outside the home I was bored. I need to be able to be a little creative and some businesses have no room for creativity. I'm happy with where I am now.

Answer by bizlady at 1:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2008