'Dead' Baby Found Alive in Coffin!!!! omg this gave me the chills

(Aug. 9) - A newborn boy declared dead by doctors in Paraguay was found to be alive hours later after he was taken home for his funeral.
Doctors at a state hospital in Asuncion, Paraguay, told Jose Alvarenga on Friday that his premature baby had been pronounced dead shortly after birth, the
The hospital delivered the baby's body in a temporary coffin to Alvarenga's home a few hours later.
Mourning relatives were shocked when they heard the baby cry, The Associated Press reported.
"I opened [the coffin] to look at his remains and found that the baby was breathing," Alvarenga said. "I began to cry."
The baby is now listed in stable condition. Officials are investigating to determine whether there was any negligence involved. The AP said that doctors also had initially told Alvarenga that the baby was a girl.

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "This is a very unusual case," said Ernesto Weber, head of pediatric intensive care at the hospital, according to told the Agence France-Presse.
    Aida Notario, a doctor at the hospital's birthing center, said the baby's pulse was so low it was undetectable
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Holy shit! That baby lucked out! That baby could have died in the coffin. That's really sad. Kinds makes me wanna cry!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 2:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• OMG i would be soooooooooo furious. I honestly think id kill the Doctors for doing that. The baby wasnt dead but would have been if they buried him. WOW... How lucky for those parents to have heard him cry. This is so sad for them
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 2:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• wow shit
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• sorry there is for sure negligence! no excuse for that. I think poor doctors and equipment could be the problem though here

Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• omg when i read that i damn neared pissed my pants!@!! could u imagine u bein that parents of that baby!? i could never in a million years imagine the apin they were goin thru omg just the thought of having to burry your own chilled & then to hear them cry!! wowo god bless that family
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• GOD WAS WATCHING OUT FOR HIM!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The fact that they initially told him it was a girl would make me wonder if it was the right baby, but it's a miracle that the baby is OK, regardless. God is good!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes, God Bless the baby. Wow.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• the "girl" being a boy i would go get a blood test after all the joy of the baby being alive in well went down...God is great that is so great.. those poor parents and family went throw all that sadness and then got a blesssing...man i want to cry and i dont cry that much
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009