whats next for baby food?

we started baby rice cereal two weeks ago and i want to start him on a veggie now that he has the hang of eating from a spoon. Is there a veggie that you are suppose to try first or does it matter? I want to do veggies first because after all what kid doesnt like fruit. So i figured i would do veggies first.
what should i start with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think sweet potato is a good one to start with. It is a veggie, but it's a bit sweet too. Carrots is a good one too. I waited to giveher the green beans as a secong or third food. Just make sure you do one new thing at a time.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 2:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I bought a few jars of everything (fruit and vegetables), put them in the cupboard in alphabetical order and started with "A". It doesn't matter in what order you offer them, and not all kids like fruit.

Oh...buy stage 2 jars. Half a jar per meal to start. It's the same as stage 1, just get the single ingredient foods, and it's more cost effective!!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I started with squash, but I don't think it matters. Fruit, veggie, or cereal - as long as you give them one at a time. My 2nd son doesn't like fruit and I introduced him to foods in the same order as I did my other 3, some of that is genetic.

Answer by missanc at 2:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• make sure what ever you start with that you keep your little one on that for 4 days to ensure there are no allergies. i started with sweet potatoes and carrots. he hates peas!! who can blame him :)
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 5:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I started with peas. My son loves them. Although, his favorite food now is broccoli.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 10:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009