my son naps throughout the day in his swing. He loves the swing, but usually nods off. Do I let him rock in the swing even though he is sleeping? Or do you suggest taking him out of the swing after a half hour? As of now, I let him rock in it for hours while he naps

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's really up to you. Do you want your child to be dependent on the swing to take a nap? Your choice, really
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 2:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Let a sleeping baby sleep. If he will wake up when you move him, leave him alone. It always irritated me when one friend would come over with her newborn and instantly remove her from her car seat because she "looked uncomfortable". The baby was sleeping! Then she complained how she never slept. LOL Sooner or later, your son will want nothing to do with that swing. Obviously he is very little and just let him sleep where ever he can!!! Good luck!!!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I let my daughter sleep in her swing. She is 4 months old now and she just wants to play while shes in it. She really doesn't like it anymore.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 2:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son sleeps in his swing every night. It helps him to soothe himself back to sleep. When he sleeps in it he will sleep anywhere from 4-8 hours straight but if we put him in his crib we are lucky to get 3 hours. His has a mirror on the mobile so he looks at himself until he falls asleep.
    JoeyJrsMomma

Answer by JoeyJrsMomma at 2:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• He's already dependant on the swing for naps (not a bad thing, I'm just saying). SO, you can change that now or later. I vote later. Because it won't make any difference, just now or later. Make your life easier right now.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The longer your child gets used to something, generally the harder it is to break. When my son fell asleep in the swing I wouldn't always move him, but I would turn it off so he wouldn't grow dependent on having that motion while he's sleeping.

Answer by missanc at 2:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• HONESTLY I SUGGEST YOU BREAK THAT HABBIT. AS EVENTUALLY HE WILL BE TOO BIG FOR THE SWING AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE ONE HECK OF A MISERABLE KID WHEN HE CAN NOT SLEEP FOR NAPS WITHOUT IT.

MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son is 7 weeks and we just let him sleep. You could alays turn the swing off. I do that alot but I wouldn't move him
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• As long as he isn't only napping in the swing, I say let him keep swinging while he sleeps.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I say if he likes it then why not! My daughter sleeps in her swing everyday and I was asking myself the same question but she likes it so I'm not going to deny her, her swing, it wont be long before they cant even fit into anymore so!!!
    HanasMom09

Answer by HanasMom09 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009