What is the best (if at all) way to ask for a promised bag of hand-me-downs?

A family friend has bags of clothes in a bag(s) for my sons. She has mentioned it three times while we were all out at summertime get-togethers. I am so happy to get them but am unsure how or if I should ask or mention it. She has given us bags in the past and we are super friendly. I am just not sure and am guessing proper etiquette is not to ask. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Next time you talk to her remind her to bring the bag of clothes she had because you really need them. That way she'll know you appreciate them.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Call her and tell her that you are out and about and thought about stopping by to get the clothes cause you could really use them. Then just go pick them up just make sure and spend a little time hanging out with her so she doesn't feel used
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• "hey, have you had a chance to get those clothes together? I'm going to be over on that side of town and thought I'd drop by"

Answer by missanc at 2:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• just bring it up in normal conversation...being a mom herself its VERY possible that she just gets too busy and forgets all about them!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If she has mentioned it 3 times she probably would be happy to get them out of her house. I agree with above posters, i would just mention that he is needing a few tshirts and ask if you could pick them up sometime this week.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009