Omgosh so itchy what is it?!

Ok so yesterday morning I woke up to feeling alittle itchy, the inside of my arm. Well I itch it and continue throughtout the morning. Well I see that bumps are forming and spreading even bigger so I stop realizign that I have bug bites. There'a good number at least 10 on that arm. Well the other arm starts itching, same reaction, then my chest, stomach, insser thighs, parts of my legs and sides. So by the time my husband get home at about 11pm my whole body has these red bumps taht are itchy all over! Also my lower back is covered. Well he suggested that these are a food allergy. Well I looked up hives and that's what it looks like but it also looks like bug bites. So what is it??????! And does any one have remedies for the itching please tell me :) Cause I'm about to go ask Freddy Krooger for some itching assistance lolz.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 2:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Health

• aveeno oatmeal bath, clear caladryl lotion, benedry. This could be anything from a bug bite, to a food allergy, new soap, doedodurant, lotion laundry and so on. Look at the things you eat and the things you use and see what you have changed.
    mrsnoble2004

Answer by mrsnoble2004 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Benedryl is a great way to relieve systemic itching. The generic is cheaper. Look for the ingredient Diphenhydraminine. It can make you sleepy but it stops the allergic reacion whether it is food, bugs or soap.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yours is likely completely different, but what you are describing sounds like when I had an allergic reaction to strep a while back. The itching was awful. Antibiotic took care of it. So in other words, I'd suggest seeing a doctor and get the cause diagnosed.

Answer by Bmat at 2:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Well the only new thing I have done is eat lamb. I don't feel sick or lightheade or anything. I have never had lamb before though. That was a couple days ago. But even my clothes rubbin them the marks are popping up agian lol omgosh so itchy someone get me a wire brush LOLZ.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I took children's tylenol since that is all we have anti histamine in the house.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Look under your mattress, you may have bedbugs

Answer by rkoloms at 3:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Food allergy would have presented itself with-in a couple hours. Definately would consult with a doctor.
    mrsnoble2004

Answer by mrsnoble2004 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• No bed bugs, and you're right a food allergy woulda been sooner. But omgosh thatnk God for childrens tylenol lolz. I haven't itched until now from this morning lol.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2009