morning sickness

ladies any suggestions for morning sickness I never had it with my first one and this time around its bad I am getting sick a couple of times a day HELP !!!!

aidensmom570

Asked by aidensmom570 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No fat no acid and stick with plain bland foods. If you find something that stays down keep sending it down lol. That is the best advice I can give this time around I have tried 4 different nasea meds and they still dont work:(
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Eat small meals a day, and stay away from simple sugars: Sweets, & white breads and white grains.
    You are sick because your insulin regulation is thrown off, so you need to shift to manual and take care of your blood sugar on your own. The more simple sugars you put in your body, the worse you are.

Keeping something small in your stomach at all times helps. It helps keep your nausea at bay, and then also when you DO throw up, at least you have something other than bile in your stomach. Ick.

For me, staying on top of my salt intake helped a bit, too. Not too much salt, but a splash here and there, followed by ALOT of water.

Sea Bands, Morning sickness homeopathic remedies, and ginger in all forms helped a bit.

I ended up having Hyperemesis Gravidarum, which is severe morning sickness, so if youre throwing everything up throughout the day, talk to your doctor and ask for anti nausea meds. Saved my pregnacy.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 2:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i had hyperemeis( vomiting violently).constantly, through my 9mos. what helped was ensure and pedialyte for lost vits. and minerals. yogurt for my throat( due to vomitng & stomach acid) omega 3-6-9 supplements and i took note what i ate. reduce acidic intake like tomatoes and any citrus. ... plenty of h2o if you tolerate it. but most of all good luck. if feel like your going to faint call your dr. and dont take hot showers, ( i took not realizing it was doing more than good)

everyone is different for pregnancy.
    sweetginger26

Answer by sweetginger26 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• eat several small meals during the day. stay away from caffeine, chocolate and greasy, sugary and fatty foods. they will just upset your stomach more. try snacking on bland foods...toast with no butter or jam, LOS of saltines and Ginger Ale will help too. :) Hang in there.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 2:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• so basically I am going to have to stay away from all the foods that actually taste good to me ugh well I will stick to crackers then blah hopefully this will subside I feel bad for you ladies who have this the whole 9 mths
    aidensmom570

Answer by aidensmom570 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• hang in there aiden - it is so worth it-just remember when you see your baby for the first time, morning sickness will soo not be on your mind :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 4:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009