how much did u 3 year olds cake cost?

my sons birthday is on the 1st of next month and he loves sponge bob we got sponge bob everything for him and we got him a bike and a few smaller toys. There is this cute cake but its $50 and thats kinda crazy but its so cute and he would love it! is that to much or not? i mean he only get one 3rd birthday so y not go all out

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 2:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I make cakes and I have made some very over the top cakes for some very young kids. OP, you didn't say how big this cake is. The size of a cake has much to do with the cost. I would say that for a "quarter sheet" (9x13) that may be a little high in cost. If it is a "half sheet" (18x13) I'd say that was an average cost.

I have made cakes for as little as $20 all the way up tp $150 for a childs birthday. Big cake does equal love, just as homemade does not mean you love your child more. I have time to make my kids cakes and they love it, but not every parent has the time or the know how.
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 4:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son just had a Spongebob birthday for his 3rd. We made the cake ourselves. Spongebob is really easy to do, he's a rectangle.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• WHAT i dont go over 30 bucks tops.. its just cake..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 2:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• thats cool riotgrrl but this cake way cool and looks like under the sea and comes with a spongebobs house and 4 toys
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• it depends on the elaboration of a cake and if you can afford it. If you can afford it then go for it. If not then dont. I honestly cant remember what we got for my daughters third birthday but my sons is in october and we will probably be doing spongebob or diego...
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 2:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We paid $45 for our daughter's 3rd birthday cake. It fed like 30-35 people, though, so it was well worth it. Plus, it was delish. We got it from a local mom and pop bakery.
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 2:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• He's three. It's not going to have some long term lasting effect if he doesn't get the EXACT cake. Save some money and make the cake yourself. I have NEVER bought a cake for my kids. I have always made them. Last year I tried to buy one for my son (he was turning 6) and he refused. He said it's better when I make them. And when he's older and looks back at the pictures, your kid will think about the time and effort you put into the cake rather than you going out and buying one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i can get it me and my husband are both blessed to have jobs and i even get to work from home...
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• anon 1259 if she buys it and its sponge bob and she goes all out for her kid when he is older he will be just as happy and its not like a cake will really change her sons pov of her he loves her no matter what shes his mommy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My sons third birthday cake was Superman and it was like 28 dollars. It came with two superman toys and my son loved it.. Sometimes simple is better. But I am sure with whatever cake you decide to go with your child will love it :)
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 3:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2009