My daughter was all for trying the potty at 1 and 1/2 and shes now 2, she throws a fit any time the potty is mentioned. How can I get her to love the potty again?

tonya0723

Asked by tonya0723 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get a potty training video. They sings songs and tell stories of how much fun it is to be a big kid and go potty. Also get a few "only in the potty room" books. My daughter loved just sitting on the toilet looking at books..lol! It was cute I took a few pictures, everyone in my family got a kick out of it.
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 3:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'd drop the subject for the time being and try again in a month. My guess is that at 18 months, she didn't know what it was and was curious. At 2, she understands more and doesn't want to deal with it. She may just not be ready. Try the book approach suggested by LilCaprica but don't make too big a deal of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would back down a little...this is just going to turn into a power struggle kids love attention positive and negative I would encourage her to gobut don't force her and when she does go explain good job have her flush and wash hands kids love that.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009