Job assessment!!!

I had to take a job assessment which is a group of questions to see if you are "eligible" to take a job. I answered very positively on the questions but it still said I wasn't a canidate on the screen after the assessment. Have you ever take one of those?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• Several.

Was it based on skills or personality? Sometimes companies look for specific personality traits. I strongly recommend that you ask for a copy of the test and an explanation of the results.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i have taken one of those and sometimes you maybe tryign to hard to be the " perfect" person for the job like the ones that say how would other pople rate you or hoe would you rate yourself i mean you want to give yourself a average to good rating dont over do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes, I have taken the assessment on JcPenney a couple of times and I am not eligible for a postion with them. Those tests drive me crazy because some places are missing out on loyal good workers because of a stupid assessment. Sorry but I have been denied jobs just because of the assessment. otherwise the managers would have hired me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Those tests are not accurate.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 4:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010