candy land bday party!! any ideas?

my daughter is turning 6 in nov im planning on throwing her a fabolous sweet 6-teenie! lol its gonna be a candy land theme i have pretty much all the basics down i just wanted some opinions & ideas on other things that would be cool to do!!! like make cardboard gingerbread men , maybe a candy castle ( everything life size of coarse) you know DIY ideas & instructions lol..... thank u

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you could get/make carboard squares, put them outside and make a giant candyland game for the kids to play on....along with your giant cut outs.

If you could have people to dress up as the characters on the game board, that'd be pretty cool.

good luck, sounds so fun!!
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• They can make Gingerbread houses. Also have a space set up that says _______'s Sweet Shop! Have large canisters of M&M's and skittles, gummy bears, and so forth?(you can buy bulk candy at places like Costco and Sam's) I would also place large squares on the floor that look like the spaces on the board from the door to the cake. I would also find those large swirly suckers as my gifts to the kids and you could use them to decorate with.

For more ideas check out this website!

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/candyland.htm
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• THANX YEA IM HOPING THAT IT WILL COME OUT TO BE REALLY NICE IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR COSTUMES SO THAT I CAN HAVE THE CHARECTERS THIER BUT IDK WERE TO FIND ANY COSTUMES TO RENT! IVE SEARCHED ONLINE IVE WENT TO COSTUME STORES & SO FAR THEY HAVE TOLD ME THAT THEY DONT MAKE/HAVE THE CANDYLAND CHARECTERS
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• How about a candy song? (I'm sorry but I don't think the tune has a familiar name)

Vs. 1 "If all of the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops,
    Oh what a rain it would be,
    I would stand outside with my mouth open wide,
    (open mouth, stick out tongue) Aah, aah, aah, aah, etc.
    If all of the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops,
    Oh what a rain it would be!"

Vs. 2 "If all of the snowflakes were Hershey bars and milkshakes,
    Oh what a snow it would be,...
    (open mouth etc)
    If all of the snowflakes were Hershey bars and milkshakes,
    Oh what a snow it would be!"

Have a fun party!
    azmusicteacher

Answer by azmusicteacher at 4:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Oh I kno this song I saw it on barney a few yrs ago! Thanx this is a really good idea
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• make oreo lolly pops they are so cute Popsicle stick in between the oreo dip in melted chocolate then shake with sprinkles let harden and kids love also can do ice cream cup cakes take ice cream cones file with cake mix cook and then frost and sprinkle
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2009