I was called a hater but just read it and let me know what you think

Hubby cuz had a baby like a month ago they had a baby shower for the baby but we just got something in the mail sying It's A Boy and they are going to have another baby shower for the baby but when he is 6 months.

I told them I was not going to go cause 6 months late will be his B-day So what I want to know do ppl have baby shower when there baby is 6 months?

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 2:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Baby showers are for before the baby is born. Not 6 months after.

Answer by louise2 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Showers are for before and they already had one anyway. They sound super greedy to me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Well....in my family baby showers are considered bad luck. Gifts are given at the christening and no showers are held.

But no matter when they're held, they're always optional for the invitee. If you don't want to go, then don't.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• That's a bit insane.. I've heard of people having babyshowers before and then a welcoming party after baby is born (But soon after not 6 months after). Seems like they just want to have a bunch of stuff given to them. If I were you i'd just get them a card and say congrats.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree with you. Baby shower is enough. No need for two. If they *need* supplies, then they need to look into other means of support rather than expecting gifts from family and friends every six months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Talk about being greedy. Baby showers in an of themselves are tacky. Having parties so that others can supply your baby's needs? Come on now!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Nothing wrong with a shower before the baby is born.
    Nothing wrong with a shower shorly after baby is born or brought home.
    Nothing wrong with a shower for each child.

Two showers for one baby? Ok, that's a bit odd unless there are extenuating circumstances.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• That is insane. I love the idea of having a shower after the baby is born. But to have two is very greedy. Why not just wait to the kid is 1 and have a b-day party?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• so this person is having 2 showers? that is greedy. I had one shower before my son was born. If I invited people to another one, I'd get my head chopped off by a bunch of women or they just would think i'm an idiot. lol. You are not a hater. these people should stick with one shower.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• They look at me like I was wrong for tellin them that is hood. But when it came to me I do not need a shower cause I had one for our 1st. o just cause they do not have a job. they always ask me for things like I did not just have a baby too
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 3:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2009