OMG!

My son won't let his little thing alone! LOL, he's only 8 months! I swat his hand when he touches it but is there anything else I can do?

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol.hes proably just realizing he has 1 lol.ive seen all my nephews do it lol even from younger.i think its in all mens genes lol.i think what your doing is fine hell get it eventually.im assuming your saying stop in your mommy tone too lol.hell get the picture its a phase.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i know what you mean its normal they say and paying attention will only make it worse.me i just distract give him things to do. he will leave it alone eventually
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my almost 2 year old is messing with her little girl stuff too. lol i pop her hand too
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son does the same, he pull his so hard some times you think he is going to pull it right off..... I just tell him no no and hit his hand and if he keeps it up i lightly spank his bottom.... My son is alittle onlder than urs (14 months and potty training) so i am not to sure what u can do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Its normal and they are just exploring their bodies. I just wash their hands. lol
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 3:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• lol i wonder if my little girl is gonna do this.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Great advice ladies, I swear men!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Don't swat his hand! He is too young to understand what he is doing. He just does it because it feels good and he is exploring his body. When he is a little older, you can explain to him that it's innappropriate to touch his area in public, in front of family.....only in his crib. There is nothing wrong with it at this age. Punishing him or swatting his hand away will only make him feel like he is being bad and it will have negative effects on his delicate self-esteem. Every baby boy does this. You just need to try to have more patience with him, he is too young to think he is doing something innappropriate.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Don't punish him for being curious. There is nothing wrong with discovering your parts. Smacking his hand is telling him that its wrong.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 3:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• "Punishing him or swatting his hand away will only make him feel like he is being bad and it will have negative effects on his delicate self-esteem."

AGREE with that!! Punishing them for touching their OWN bodies at this age is one of the worst ways to handle that!!! OMG!!! Ask you Doc if you don't believe me!!! OMG!!!!!!

There really should be a test to pass before you are allowed to parent!!!!! OMG!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009