Part Time working Moms

I just wanted to know if there are any groups out there for Moms who work part time and are SAHM the rest of the time? I feel like I don't belong in either the full time working Mom groups or the SAH Mom groups. Please help.

NHRachel

Asked by NHRachel at 3:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• I also don't belong in either, I technically work full time, but I only go to the office 3x per week and work from home the other 3 days per week, so on the days I'm home I'm a SAHM AND a working mom at the same time! Crazy...but I can relate to both working and SAHMs because of it....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I am now an empty nester, but when the children were home I worked very similarly to gramsmom, worked mainly at home, worked out of the house a few mornings a week, and was also a SAHM. I admire both groups.

Answer by Bmat at 3:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Where have you looked?

You can start a CafeMom group for part time working moms...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I work part time from home and they booted me out of the SAHM group because a run an at home business. I NEVER advertised but they said I am not a SAHM. I think that's dumb but whatever. :) Good luck finding a good group!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 4:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• More than half of the moms in my classes work part-time and SAH the other part of the time, so you're definitely not alone! I think they have the best of both worlds, and I did the same when my children were younger. The advice to start your own group is a good one. Also, get out and go places where you'll meet more moms like yourself, i.e. join a play group, or try one of my classes in Scottsdale! :) Good luck to you,
    azmusicteacher

Answer by azmusicteacher at 4:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• There is a group for mom who work part-time.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 4:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010