Vibrator hurting fetus

when I was pregnant with my son, I asked the doctor and everyone if they thought a vibrator that is inserted in the vagina would hurt my son inside the womb. everyone said that it shouldn't do anything to hurt it. My son was born with a rare birth defect with his intestines. they said that nothing really causes it, it just kinda happens.... but I am scared that while pregnant the vibrator my have scrambled him a bit where it hurt him. if this is truly the case, we're trying for our second....and obviously I'm scared of it hurting it. I'm not going to use it when I find out I'm pregnant. But do you think that maybe it did hurt my son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, i dont think that it hurt ur son, ur son was surrounded by water and snug inside.... unless ur son was sitting right there down in ur pelvic then i dont think it could have hurt him, i asked my doc the same and he said no cause my son was born at 30 weeks and i thought it might have been caused by the same
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I highly doubt it. A really don't see how a vibrator could be any more risky than a penis. A disorder of the intestines...I mean, the baby has a good shelf life, trust me! Baby is floating in a big sac of water, cushioned by lots of tissues, not to mention a very thick, inpenetrable closed up cervix. Your using a vibrator couldn't possibly be the cause.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• hell no!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• That was not your fault. It didnt hurt the baby, he would have been born with that disorder even if you didnt use a vibrator!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 3:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I don 't think your vibrator caused any problems with your child. But if it concerns you don't use it the next time while pregnant if it will put your mind at ease.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I don't think that did anything to your son. Like everyone said, he was surrounded by water and well protected.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It wasn't from a vibrator. I used one....anyways.....some things just happen for reasons we don't know.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• no. babies are protected. stop worrying is not your fault.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2009