Does it seem that there is a double standard on this site?

Does it seem that one group has the right to be rude or negative? And if anyone else expresses their opinion then they get outraged? Reading through posts this weekend it seems that people are hateful and disrepectful even to someone who is trying to be civil with another member on this site. Does anyone think that if the mothers here cannot be civil or respectful that they shouldn't be allowed to post or respond? There is a list a mile long of religon debates on here and the majority seem to end with negative comments instead of "agree to disagree".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can't say I agree or disagree because I don't know to whom the OP is referring or if the OP is a regular here or not :-)

In case you're not a regular here OP, I will tell you that there are some people who are notoriously abusive of others and despite numerous attempts by the regulars to reach out, offer help/support and extend friendship to these individuals, they continue to be nasty. Therefore and rightfully so, some of these individuals have lost the respect of the community here and get snarky answers back in-general just because people are sick of it. We WANT to be friends, we WANT to get along! The second someone is on board with co-existing and sharing this space in tolerance with us, we are the nicest group of people on the planet!!! :-)

But if it's the generally-disagreeable people that you're referring to (the ones I just mentioned), yes, I think CM should kick them to the curb if they can't behave! :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• People are rude in person and on the internet. Others needs to not take it so personally. There's double standards in every day life
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Oh yes - I agree with you. There are a few that go above & beyond to try to start BS around here.. and yes, I believe those repeat offenders should be banned from the site alltogether --- BUT, CM seems to have it's own agenda.

There have been many times when I see a post get completely out of hand, then when someone creates a post of the exact same thing - just from a different perspective - it gets removed.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Absolutely. But if one group of people weren't allowed to respond, it would lead to more and more restrictions and unhappy people. If you don't like what someone says, report it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think that it is horrible how people talk to each other on here. We are adults and should act like it. When people have to put on their post please don't bash me I think that is so sad. Do you really have nothing to do with your days that you spend your time starting drama on a website! GROW UP!!! ALL OF YOU!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• op here- I think that people can let their emotions get the best of them, and we are all guilty of that- but I agree with LAURA1229-the repeat offenders should be banned
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE OP!

Answer by older at 3:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The problem is that CM doesn't seem to be consistent with enforcing their policies. I've had answers and even one question removed that seemed pretty tame compared to a lot of what I've seen around here. Yet when I report some really rude and terrible stuff they keep it up telling me that it doesn't break any "rules" or whatever. It's frustrating. The best thing to do is ignore that stuff, but it's difficult when you're the one being bashed.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• But honestly, as bad as it can get here, we should be THANKFUL for how it is. Have you guys ever been to 4chan, the open anonymous forum? Or even Yahoo! Answers...there's almost NO moderation there. People can bash anyone they want as bad as they want. There are some horrible insults there. We're so lucky here.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'm not sure whether there is a double standard or not, I haven't analyzed it. But I have definitely noticed that many of the questions and answers in this Religion & Beliefs section seem to be designed intentionally to stir up animosity, by fishing for a particular answer so that they can lord it over some other person or group. I don't think that is what Q & A should be about.
    LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 3:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009