what the heck is going on?!

AF if 4 days late, minor cramping but no feeling that its about to come. I took 2 pregnancy tests and both came out negative! AND I feel like a complete idiot because I got a test that I haven't used before, I'm use to the one that if two lines show up, you're pregnant! Well this one has two lines, but if one if a plus sign, THEN you're pregnant. Well, I saw two lines pop up and got SO EXCITED! Then decided to double check the instructions and had a big fat let down! What the heck could be going on that i'm 4 days late? any ideas?

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 3:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 4 days isn't that late. Wait a week then test again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Could be the stress of not knowing. That can delay your period too. Or it's also possible that you are pregnant and the hormone level isn't strong enough to test yet. My advice: Wait a couple of days and relax, then take a first-urine morning test with Clearblue Easy. Another test stick will prolly work just as well...good luck :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Stress. Low hormone levels that won't show up on a test. Your cycle changed (mine varied from 25-32 day cycles). Any of those could be a factor. And if you have ovarian cysts, it can also cause pregnancy like symptoms and delay your period a wee bit.

If you haven't started our period in a week, retest. I recommend First Response. They detect the lowest levels of HCG in OTC pregnancy tests. That's what I always use and I found out with my kids at 4w,5d & 3w,6d gestation.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 3:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You could have ovulated later than normal due to normal flucutations in your normal patter, or some sort of stress (like moving, vacation, work, etc). That will delay your period. Ovulation can be late, periods are always on time (12-16 days after ovulation).
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009