Birthday Party on a Sunday?

I'm trying to plan Kailey's party and got off to such a late start. I'm kicking myself since everything is booked. So my question is would you attend a birthday party on a Sunday from 5:00-7:00 or on Sept 5(labor day weekend)? If so which would you prefer to go to?

littlecupcake

Asked by littlecupcake at 3:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did the same thing for my DS last year, we had it on Sunday of Labor Day weekend! It was a late afternoon swim party and i thought it turned out well! There were some that were out of town, but I could not fit everyone else's schedule, so I did what was best for us, and we had a great time!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my bday was on sunday and my sons baby shower was on a sunday do there birthday on there birthday its better that way
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If you do it on Sunday, I'd do late afternoon (for the church-goers). Any other weekend I would say Saturday, but probably a lot of folks will be out that weekend. So, maybe do it the weekend before or after?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think either one would work ok. If I were in town, I wouldn't have a problem with Labor Day w/e or a Sunday evening.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes, I would. You have the party when you can and if some people can't come, oh well. You cannot plan a party around other people. If you tried to find a day and time that is convienent for everyone, your kids would never have a birthday party.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would go with the Sunday. People shouldn't let religious reasons get in the way of a kids' party. Labor Day weekend is a big traveling one, so you may get a lot of people who can't attend because of that. Whatever you decide, hope it ends up being a fun party for your child!
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 13, 2009