Why does it always come down to comparing Obama's Healthcare plan to MA healthcare plan?

I live in MA and guess what, I don't have health insurance. Yes, its mandatory but only if you make above a certain amount. If you make lower than the requirements than you don't have to get insurance nor will you be penalized for it. Obama's plan is health care for all not just some. So, why do people keep comparing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Tn tried it too and Cali and they all failed.I am telling you ladies it will be a wreck..I have listed so many times why and listed valid questions and no matter what a few on here are insistent we must do it and it must be govy controlled.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Maybe because MA's plan has been declared a success by Obama, and held up as an example to show they can cover everyone (except you, apparently).

Under Obama's plan, not everyone will be covered either. You will have a choice between purchasing from an insurance company or the government. If you don't buy into or sign up for a plan, you won't have insurance. If caught, they will fine people, just like MA does, who don't have insurance.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If caught, they will fine people, just like MA does, who don't have insurance.

Mancos that is not true. I never get fined for not having insurance. Its because i don't meet the income guidelines. I make less. If you make a lot of money and don't get insurance than you WILL be fined.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• "Tn tried it too and Cali and they all failed."

When did California try it? I cannot recall EVER having a program like the one in Massachusetts.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Oh as if thats kosher so those who just for whatever reason do not want insurance they will be forced to or just keep paying fines...thats real free
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I mean this is not car insurance its health insurance if some do not want it then would it not be their right to choose not to have it?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Excuse me I thought Cali had tried something along the lines but Oregon has
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Didnt Michigan as well, tnmom?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Michigan hasn't.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Ah okay. Thanks, Carpy. ;)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009