are you supposed to workout during your period

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It actually helps lessen the pain of cramps! I never feel like exercising then, but I do feel better IF I workout.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Absolutely! It helps your body function better and eases cramps, fatigue, headaches, etc.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I don't believe there are any medical reasons you shouldn't exercise as long as your periods are normal. If you are a heavy bleeder, I would take it easy. Your flow increases from a sitting to standing position and it could make you pass out.
    lkratzmeyer

Answer by lkratzmeyer at 4:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• thanks ladies.. i'm definitely going to work out. i know its coming soon because im feeling like crap but im going to keep working out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Exercise is great for lessening the pain of cramps and back ache. I used to like canoing during my period (when seasonally appropriate).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2009