do I need to stop getting my nails done if I'm pregnant?

One website on 'healthy pregnancies' mentioned to stop getting treatments done, and they listed perms, coloring hair, and manicures.
Do I really have to stop getting my nails done? I've had have acrylic nails for years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got fake nails put on like once every few months. I had to do something because I already couldn't wear my ring. I wanted my hands to look a LITTLE girly instead of just really swollen.

BTW, I asked my doctor about this, she told me that it was fine and not to worry.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Nah i got a pedicure monthly and my toes done. Plus i kept up my hair, dying every 4-6 weeks. Its no big deal. i mean the only reson thats probably on there is because you dont need to be in the nail shop all the time with all those fumes but its REALLY not a big deal
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You can still do them. I stopped only because I couldn't imagine handling a baby with the claws. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The only issue with the nails is the fumes. The fumes can cause birth defects. But, not the actual nails. Just make sure the place you have your nails done in a well ventilated place.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 9:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Thanks everyone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2009