i want another baby...

My heart says yes, go for it but, everything else in my life right now screams NO! for example, i am currently unemployed (with no health insurance), my son is almost 4, and we might be moving in the next month or so.....
Have any of you ladies been in this situation? if so what did you choose?

ariel1

Asked by ariel1 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I AM currently trying to get pregnant. And am in a similar situation. I dont have the money for it, im in a completely HORRIBLE situation for it. But im doing it. My first was in even WORSE timing but things just slid into place to fit her in my life. Who cares about prudent planning? You want one then go for it. Medicaid takes care of kids Full coverage with no cost to u until their 18 so thats no big deal. I decided i wanted one and here i go lol. Things work themselves out. Everything that is screaming no will fall in line. So go 4 it!! GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Aww! I feel it for you babe. I think everything could still work out for the good. You can have your baby and by having your baby and by doing that you'll get insurance for your baby and yourself after the baby is born get yourself a part time job or something then reapply for the insurance. The only problem I see is who's gona babysit your kids. :)
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 4:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I dont think its right to put a price on a baby. If you want to have another baby, go for it girl. As long as you can feed him/her, clothe , love, patience. Etc. Than go for it. I will never understand why people wait to be rich to have a baby. We just jumped in there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Medicaid only takes care of them IF you fit the income requirement. If hubby is working and making a certain amount, you don't get Medicaid.

You know, whenever a little voice tells me, "this isn't a good idea right now," I go with the little voice. It's always been correct, whereas ignoring it has always led to really bad consequences.

Unless you're pushing menopause right now, you might want to get yourself a little more settled. You're already in a stressful situation.

It has NOTHING to do with being rich, by the way.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Why would you have a child right now? It seems very irresponsible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Go for it, as long as you have the support of your spouse,if you wait for the perfect time it will never happen. Something is always going to be happening where it's not the perfect situation. I have 2 girls one 18 and one 16 and wanted another one( crazy I know ) I got pregnant and in my 7month my husband got laid off, still is and our DS is almost 7 months, butI am glad he can spend the time with our son and that he is getting the attention he needs.
    smokeyblues

Answer by smokeyblues at 5:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• "Medicaid takes care of kids Full coverage with no cost to u until their 18 so thats no big deal. I decided i wanted one and here i go lol. Things work themselves out. "

WOW....just wow!!! You are basically saying, "I want another baby and I don't care if I have to live off other people to do it". You better have a better back up plan than living off welfare. If the economy doesn't get better there won't be any welfare for you to collect.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Medicaid will take care of the medical aspects, but there are so many other things you will need to afford. You already have a little one who needs you to put his needs and wants first, and this is one of those tough calls. Will you be able to provide for both him and another babe in your current situation? Spousal agreement is all well and good , but you need to feed, clothe and care for them too. Why don't you hold off til you have moved and settled. You will be under enough pressure with all that, without adding in morning sickness, finding a doctor etc. Then see how you feel.
    Good luck ,
    Hugs
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I understand, what everyone is saying about the money aspect of it. However, if we all waited and planned our babies for the "perfect" time, very few people would have a child and when those "perfect" circumstances changed, they wouldn't know how to cope with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Hey, I am with you. I want another baby too. But my Dh says, "Well that's between you and your second husband." LOL Our kids are 14 and 10 and he doesn't want to "start over". But I still want a baby regardless. Probably won't happen though, cause I only want another one of his, can't help it my Dh makes cute kids.wink mini

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009