To those who helped answer my parvo ?

I wanted to say thank you to all of you!! More people were so negative and told me my puppy was going to die. Well here is an update---my puppy had to stay at the vets for 5 days on iv's and medicine. He got to come home on Saturday morning. He did lose 1/2 a pound (he is a good size puppy 10.5 lbs @ 3 months) but he is gaining it back slowly and is now being a pain LOL (his normal self). We are so happy to get our playful baby back.

mom-2-4boys

Asked by mom-2-4boys at 4:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pets

• I didn't see your original question but I wanted to say how happy I am that your puppy is ok. We have had 3 puppies die from it but we were acutally able to save one. Please remember that it lives in your ground for several years so if you get another puppy I would have it vaccinated before you bring it home. The treatment for parvo isn't cheap. It cost us $250 and that was with my cousin giving me 1/2 off. So I hope it didn't dint your wallet too much!!! :)
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We were very lucky with the puppy. We did bleach everything that was possible to bleach. But I don't think we will be getting any more puppies, at least not for years to come. Unless the whole series of parvo is given before exposure to the virus I was told the puppy could still contract it. As far as the vet bill we lucked out it came to just over $250.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 5:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i'm so glad your pup is doing well!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• you also wanna make sure your carefull around anyone elses puppy cause you can carry it on your shoes into others houses. Glad to hear your pup is doing good. not very many outcomes are good when parvo is involved.
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2009