How often do you feel movement?

my SIL is 29 weeks prego and she says she hasn't felt the baby move today. Is this normal? I don't remember when my son slowed down his movement. I know they get to a point where they grow alot and sleep alot. But should she be worried?

sarahlu2009

Asked by sarahlu2009 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tell her to eat a meal and then empty her bladder right after and chose a side to lay on and see if she can feel 10 kicks in an hour.

If she doesnt within two hours then tell her to drink some juice and try again

If in another hour there is not movement she may want to be seen by a doctor or at least call and tell them that she tried this step by step.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• She should probably drink some cold water or juice and lay down. Sometimes I really had to pay attention to feel them moving. My second born rarely moved - LOL, now he won't STOP!!!!! Anyone, it could be cause for concern, and she should try to do see if she can feel the little one. Shine a flashlight on her tummy - many babies will move away from the light. Or put an ice cube on the belly! LOL!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Babies can develop a pattern where they sleep during the day and become active at night. Also at 29 weeks there's still some room, the baby could have spun around and the kicks might be towards her back and she's not likely to feel those.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009