How long do you date someone before getting married?

How long would you ladies think is acceptable to date someone before saying it's okay to get married.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I knew my ex 6 months before we got married it lasted 8 years.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• no time amount matters as long as you love and respect eachother and are not drunk when you decide to get married
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Depends. I dated a man for four years, we never talked about marriage and then he walked out. My husband now, we moved in after dating for a few months. Got married a year later. It depends on the circumstances. If it's something you want with this person, or just want in general.
    lkratzmeyer

Answer by lkratzmeyer at 4:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Well......we dated 6 months before I wedding, but I had know him for a few years. My parents met and married within two months and have been married 29 years. I think it is really just up to the people. You know how you feel more than anyone else. That being said, I have two daughters and I would want them to date someone for at least a year. I am such a hypocrite!!!!! LOL

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• 25 to 30 years at least.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My fiance and I knew from the moment we met. We could've gotten married a month into it lol We got engaged 9 months into the relationship. It's about where you are in your life, if you're truly engaged for the right reasons, and if you feel they are the one. My honey and I knew right away. Time does not matter as long as your heart is genuinely and truly in the right place.
    TheJBug

Answer by TheJBug at 4:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It depends on the person. There is no set time frame. Some people are together their whole lives and never get married.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• m and my hubby knew eachother for 4 months got married 4 months later we found out we were pregnant 4months after that was when we first met(the anniversary of it) and4 months after that our son was born......so everything happened in 4s that year...we've been married 3 years and were expecting our second son on the 14th of this month
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• we've been together 4 years, & he JUST proposed. I didn't see it coming, i thought he would NEVER ask! But, when i least expected it......he asked!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We dated a little over 2 years before we got married.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009