'Mixed Race Twins'

This white mother and her Black Husband gave birth to twins.. One white and one black. Years later they defied the odds and gave birth to a set of twins again... AND again one was white and one was black. Isnt it funny how genetics works? Its kinda cool.

http://a.abcnews.com/Health/wireStory?id=6566221

Also did you know 1 in every 12 sets of fraternal twins worldwide are fathered by diferent men! THats something I had never thought about

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 4:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yup, its weird..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Also did you know 1 in every 12 sets of fraternal twins worldwide are fathered by diferent men! THats something I had never thought about

Huh? WOW! .....ewwww
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I love that!!! Just more to show we aren't different races! It's all the human race.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The girls still kinda look alike regardless of their different skin color. You can tell that they are sisters.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I knew two people that were hispanic that gave birth to a "white twin" and a "hispanic twin". They were boy-girl twins. As it turns out their grandmother was caucasian.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 4:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Read the article, saw the pics and comments. Honestly they both look biracial to me. Neither baby looks white or black and neither do the sisters. PLUS, biracial children change A LOT as they grow ( I have 2 biracial children myself).

Interesting article nonetheless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It's strange how genetics can vary. I have biracial kids (I'm white, dh is south asian) and though none of them are multiples, there are some noticeable differences between hair/skin/eye colour for all three of them.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/mixedtwins.asp

Here is another set
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Wow! that is strange in a good way I guess.
    Anonymous