Respect them for admitting the truth? or ar they RINO's now too?

Republican Reps. Darrell Issa of California and Jack Kingston of Georgia said over the weekend that they would have voted to confirm Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court last week, and Issa declared himself "personally ashamed" of opposition from his GOP colleagues in the Senate.

Appearing on "Real Time with Bill Maher" Friday night, the two Republicans said they believed the Senate should adhere to an "advise and consent" standard during the Supreme Court confirmation process. Sotomayor, they said, clearly met that standard.

"The standard should be, one, is she qualified? She's qualified. Is she the choice of the president? She's the choice of the president. We have to have a valid reason to say no," said Issa, who serves on the House Judiciary Committee. "Now I've disagreed with some of her decisions and some of them were reversed, but ultimately the standard constitutionally should be those two tests.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 4:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And I'm ashamed, I'm personally ashamed of people who figure that their politics should come first and then oh, by the way, can she overcome or he overcome the hurdles -- on both sides of the aisle."

Kingston did not condemn the 31 of 40 Senate Republicans who voted against Sotomayor last week, but he said they had plenty of time to air their concerns. "She needed a hearing process, they got the hearing process, and after that they just had to vote the way they saw," he said.

WATCH:

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Is this an expose in "sell outs" or something?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

So they can't express a different opinion? so they are now considered sell outs and or RINO's

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'm actually surprised Issa said that! He's definitely NOT a RINO; he's the congressman for my district and no one would call him that.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

Apparently someone forgot to tell the ANON above! LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes they're RINOS. The fact that she admitted she'd be biased in some cases dis qualifies her for a position in the Supreme Court. That's the highest court in the nation, a place people turn to when they have no other recourse. The last thing we need is a biased judge!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2009