Anxious....just need to get some comforting words

OK so in 4 days I go in for my c-section....I opted out of the amnio....but I will be having him at 38 weeks....I guess Im just really nervous.....This is my second c-section and Im just a little antsy about it....Its major surgery...With my first c-section afte the spinal wore off I didnt take any pain meds....I plan on doing the same...I just dont like taking medication for anything....Im just really nervous....My first was an emergency so i didnt have time to be nervous(6 weeks early) and this time Im just wondering if I going to be good enough...or if Ill do ok with a 2 year old and a new born....A million emotions...and 4 days to sort through them

Mamaof2boys0709

Asked by Mamaof2boys0709 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• take the pain meds if you need them, and good luck! at least its not coming out of your vagina naturally, right?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Just remember all the mommisms....We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, is a favorite of mine. I didn't have c-sections but I did have a 17 month old DS when I gave birth to my DD, both of whom were induced two weeks early. Just remember that you are blessed and try to relax and enjoy your new little human!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Im not going through what you're going thru but I understand where your comming from as far as not taking pain meds and such, I do my best not to either, but just calm down and relax. Maybe take a warm bath to ease some stress.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't take the meds, just because of the side effects and what it does to your body. With them its also very dangerous to breastfeed. But don't worry about having 2 kids that size. Mine are 2 yrs and 3 mths apart, it comes naturally. You'll be able to handle everything fine. God Bless.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You can also change your mind and not do the second c-section. You can consider a VBAC and your recovery will be easier. Something to think about. www.ican-online.org
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my doc( and i wont change them he is a great doc) doesnt do vbacs and i have a clotting prob and its easier for them to stop doing a c-section...i appreciate every comment....thank you all
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You'll be fine! I just had my second son 6 wks ago. My oldest is 2 and 1/2. I was trying to VBAC but ended up with another c-section. And definately take your pain meds....you'll need them in the beginning! It's definately a little bit more challenging with having to run after a toddler but it's not horrible. You'll be ok....Good Luck!
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 5:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i had a repeat c-section and a 2 1/2 yo at home. i came home and took care of them both and it was a little rocky at first (my hubby is never ever home to help lol), but we got completely adjusted about after a week. you can do it, don't worry :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009