What do I say in a thank you card to my DH's co-workers?

ok I have meet some of these people a few times. they gave my DH and I $100 in gift cards to Target and a$25 gift card to OutBack Steak house.. OOOPS forgot to mention I am due any day now with a little girl One $50 is for the new baby and the other $50 is for our 3 year old.

What should I put in the thank you card the front says:
with warmest Thanks
Inside:
thoughtfullness is like yours is appreciated more than words can say.

What should I write in there besides thank you for the gifts cards?
I need some thing thats sweet and not to funny.. These are older people and they dont do humor to well.

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 4:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• what would you say to them if they were standing there? That's what you write

Answer by admckenzie at 4:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• for my thank you cards to my husband's coworkers who gave giftcards, i think i wrote something to the effect of:

thank you so much for the giftcards, we are looking forward to using them to complete our nursery/ get much-needed baby items/ enjoy a relaxing dinner together. your kindness is very much appreciated. with kind regards, signed.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with what you wrote. I would also add though that it was thoughtful of them to give a gift to your 3 year old. They have class.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Just say something like "Thank you for your very kind gestures, would any of you be willing to babysit so we can use our OutBack gift card?"
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• oops sorry. i wouldn't use the word "kind" twice. maybe say "your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated."
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 5:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I usually like to say how I plan on spending the money or gift card. So something like - Thank you so much for the $100 gift cards for our new baby and son(daughter). We're planning on using the money to buy a bedding set (or whatever) for the baby and a (whatever) for (name of 3 year old). We also would like to thank you for the Outback gift card which will come in handy in the first few weeks when cooking is the last thing either of us want to do. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
    your names.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I always write what we did with them. For example: We had a nice dinner before we became a family of four, we bought (fill in the blank) for the kids....
    I hope this helps!
    Rainray2

Answer by Rainray2 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009