Why don't men understand?

That the things they do and say can scar a woman for life? My sister just told me that something a boyfriend from 15 years ago said to her has given her a complex about her breast even until this day. If a man isn't around to help raise his daughter it gives them serious issues. My ex boyfriend said to me that he was never lucky enough to have beautiful women. WTF!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• you should tell him you were never lucky enough to have intelligent men.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 4:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• good one treynlisa!

my ex used to make fun of my large lips
    not the ones on my face, it took me a long time to feel better and know he was just an asshole
    he was an abuser and I had a hard time coming 'out' of the mind games

but I am better now and know that my privates are very normal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• guys are the missing link. my husband told me on valentines day (when i was pregnant) that i wasnt only his lover- i was also his baby's house...
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 5:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• over generalization!!! Some men do understand this. Not all men are jerks. Your ex is just stupid. Your sister needs to either get therapy, a boob job, or get over it. And not all girls raised without fathers are screwed up. God, this is a stupid question. Apparently your ex wasn't lucky enough to have an intelligent woman either, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• anybody can say something to scar a person emotionally, not just men.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i love it when people post mean screwy things anonymously... good one. it is a conversation starter- it wasn't like she was rallying us up to go kill all the men... people like you need to get the panties outta your bum.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 5:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Well it's good to see the snotty posters are on today. It's easy to say "get over it" on the net.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• they don't understand bc no one taught them

Answer by admckenzie at 5:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• While I know that men say really stupid things to us sometimes, I think the bigger problem is that we care so much.

Why aren't we teaching our daughters that they don't need to care what a man thinks or says? That she is beautiful and smart and strong all on her own. That people are going to say mean things to her, but she won't let those things get to her because she KNOWS that they are wrong. She KNOWS that she is worth so much more than that....

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Woman actually say very rude and harsh things to men all the time. Men are just not as open in expressing how they feel about it. Women are bitches too but they are actually smart enough to mean it. Men do it accidentally very often.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009