Who asked for one incident?

Town hall disruptions around the country have led to some outbreaks of violence. Unions participating in town halls have received death threats. At an event held by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) last week, the threat of violence led her aides to call the police after one attendee dropped a gun.

"Yelling and screaming is counterproductive," she told the Sierra Vista Herald at a Congress on Your Corner event last week. There, one visitor dropped a gun at the meet n' greet held in a Douglas Safeway, her staff says.

That has aides, who called police to the event, concerned for her safety.

"We have never felt the need before to notify law enforcement when we hold these events," said spokesman C.J. Karamargin.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 5:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• One of the callers to the Service Employees International Union said, "I suggest you tell your people to calm down, act like American citizens, and stop trying to repress people's First Amendment rights... That, or you all are gonna come up against the Second Amendment."
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• GOOD! What does one expect when dealing with union and ACORN thugs? People are going to feel they should carry for a just in case scenerio and they should.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Very scary...I don't care which side you are on, I hope no one is bringing their kids to these things....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

...and that's WHY they are referred to as the MOB...and YOU condone that tyoe of violent and threatening behavior...WOW

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• sweet YOU condone them being thugs and pushing other around do you not? So you can "wow" me all you want stop acting like its all innocent and oh woe is me woe is me they are THUGS.I know all about thugs dear and their ways.I will carry to at town halls
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• In AZ you can buy guns at yard sales. It's the wild wild west and this doesn't surprise me and certainly doesn't mean she was in danger. I don't care for her at all personally but that's jmo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You act like it is all ok that the union thug pulled that one guy down oh yeah that all fine ..its like when a child pushes their sibling and says "well I just pushed them I didnt hit them" uh huh let a thug come up to me it will be overwith promise.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If the current administration would listen to the American people than these things would not be happening. People would not need to yell. The majority of Americans do NOT want the health care bill to pass yet they are ignoring the American people and pushing through their socialistic agenda.

Obama had a lower approval rating in his first 6 months than Bush did. The unemployment rate went over 9% even though Obama said we HAD to pass the stimulous bill to keep it from going over 8%.

There are so many things going so very wrong. The American people are saying WE WILL BE HEARD and because the liberals did not expect such opposition they do not know how to react it so they choose to ignore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

Never woe is me....I don't condone violence at all...show me where I said I did? Its WRONG to send death threats to ANYONE (even if they belong to a union or the opposing political party!) and to bring a gun to a town hall meeting is outrageous! YOU are condoning violence to back your political view point, thats disgusting

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• GOOD! What does one expect when dealing with union and ACORN thugs?

The only thugs that were there weren't ACORN or the union
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2009