What time does your high school freshman go to bed?

mlregalado

Asked by mlregalado at 5:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• 9 or 10.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• During school she went to bed around 10, but this summer she's been staying up a lot later. When school starts again she may go back to going to bed at 10, but she's in an honors class this year (she's a sophomore now) so she may have a lot more homework and stay up a little later.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• when i was a freshmen I didnt go to bed until like 3 and I would wake up at 6...I also had a job and took college classes. I was wore out, but also had/have severe insomnia so it didnt really effect me
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Mine were very different. My youngest would toss and turn if he went to bed before 11 and he ran cross country and track. My oldest could stay up until 10 lights out by 11..but he was generally out by 9:30. You have to take yours kids into account individually. I always tried to have a time from 20 mins up to an hour before 'light out' where they could be doing things..they just had to be ready for bed and on their bed
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My younger brother is a straight A freshman and he goes to bed at 12:00pm- 2:00pm. So it is not like going to bed late will automatically effect their grades.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• In 7th and 8th grade, she had to be at the bus stop at 5:55; she generally went to bed between 8:30 and 9. This year (9th grade, same school), she won't need to leave until around 6:20, so she will probably go to bed between 9 and 9:30.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My 14 yr old is a sophomore, but she goes to bed when shes ready. Shes old enough and mature enough to know whats reasonable. It usually ends up being about 11 pm. I dont have to prod her out of bed, she gets up on her own and as long as shes not tired, I am not going to tell her what time to go to bed. Shes just very mature like that. You cant force a teen into bed. I mean, you can make them lay down, but I cant make them go to sleep and its not worth the fight. By this time, they should be able to manage their own time. If they cant, then highschool is going to be very hard.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• In our house, everyone goes to their own rooms at 10 PM during the school year. For my daughters who are in high school, they have to turn off the lights and the phone by 11. I don't believe any of them are mature enough to know that they need sleep and it's a proven fact that students who get at least 6 hours of sleep and start the day with a good breakfast do much better. Both my girls are swimmers and 5:30 AM practice followed by 6 hours of classes and 2 more hours of swim practice is tough if they don't get enough sleep.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• 10 pm on school nights. :-)
    MinstrelMommy

Answer by MinstrelMommy at 10:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son is a freshman. His "bedtime" on school nights is 11PM. This is his second week back in school, after two years of being home-schooled. I don't think he's made it to 11PM a single time, lol! After getting all of his homework done, and having some decompression time with the family, he's beat. :) He's been in bed anywhere between 9:30-10:30PM each night.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009