Divine plan, new step in evolution.......

So I was watching a tv show awhile back and a question that was raised that made me think ever since, and I have decided to take it a step further.
The question was posed on the show, what if homosexuality is just another adaptation of humanity, with the growing population?
MY next step, along those lines, what if mother nature, god, (insert belief or diety here) has already answered one of the worlds problems?
A great number of these couples adopt children who have no homes. And without outside assistance do not have their own.
Technically it would be sort of an answer to the overpopulation, and homeless children.
Thoughts?
**This is not an opportunity for who's belief is right or wrong. Please stay on topic.
If you cannot play nicely with others, don't play at all****

Princessofscots

Asked by Princessofscots at 5:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That makes a lot of sense to me. I think that if you have enough room in your heart why not share it with someone else? Who cares if the parents are gay? I don't as long as they aren't abusing the child. Good point and thank you for making me actually think today!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'm not getting into my opinions and beliefs here, but homosexuality isn't a "new" trend. been around forever and was actually more accepted thousands of years ago. just my own thought
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Homosexuality has been around for ages. Its not a new thing at all. It is just more open now than it was then.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think as homosexuality has become more widely accepted and becomes less taboo, it does certainly solve those problems. Good Poing
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I meant to say good point
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• MissHeidi, Shaneagle, I understand that this has been around for ages.
    I am not trying to say its anything new. But who is to say then, it wasn't put into the (creation idea) blue print long ago? IT just has become more widely known as its needed to occur?
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 5:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• HAHA, lowencope, I like "poing".
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 5:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yeah, I was making myself think too much today with this question Jennree. So I thought I would throw it out there.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 5:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Because homosexuality is present in species other than humans it's not an adaptation unique to our species. I've seen it suggested that homosexuality becomes more prominent when resources are rich because not all pair bonds "need" to produce offspring to propogate the species. Since homosexuality is more common in families that have lots of boys it's often linked to altruism. The idea that it's advantageous to protect one's sibling's offspring.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 1:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Both very interesting questions OP. I've considered them both as well. Of course my brain will not allow me to consider the thought of a "divine creator" for long but you know what I mean, LOL.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 11, 2009