Progesterone Shots?

I had a visit to the ER last night to make sure I wasn't leaking fluid. And thank goodness I wasn't! But the OB doc on call said something like I might want to ask my doc about taking Progesterone shots with this pregnancy because my first was born at 34 weeks and 5 days, but I did not go into labor, my doc had to get me delivered because my fluids were very low so baby had to get out of there. I never dilated or had contractions or anything, so I opted for a c-section. So is there a good chance of me going into preterm labor, even though i never went into labor with my first?

momma2hunter

Asked by momma2hunter at 5:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes and it could have been an emergency..thats how mine went down. he was all distressed and tangled. I've read about the progesterone shots and to ask the doctor about it and I havent asked yet but plan too for this baby im prego with now.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• ive done a lot of research into progesterone shots, its somehting i want to do when I get pregnant again, since Zach went premature. From everything ive read it seems to help a lot, except for cases of multiples which your not having (right!) lol. I would definately bring it up with your OB at your next appt
    23wkrmommy

Answer by 23wkrmommy at 7:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2009