Do you like home parties such as Tupperware or do you tolerate them for your friend?

Do you like attending them? Do like hosting them? Are you tired of them?

madetobeamom

Asked by madetobeamom at 8:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • I like ones for stuff I might actually like to buy, Tupperware, pampered chef, etc., but not Mary Kay or ones like that. I just wish I had a disposable income to be able to afford any of those things :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• No, I don't like them at all. In fact I don't like baby or wedding showers either. It's not that I am totally anti-social. It's just all the small talk and those silly games and prizes.
    As far as the home parties go, It's bad enough that you feel obligated to buy something you don't need or want, Especially after the big demonstration and pep talk. You are then pressured to host your own.
    I have a no home party rule. All my friends and associates know this. However,I do support my friends that sell products. I will buy via catalog and/or web site when I need or want something.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 8:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I go, when it's something I am interested. I am not one to go & not buy anything. I'm with the previous poster...If I want something & a party isn't going on, I'll buy from the host via catalog or online.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 8:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I like them but my friends rarely have them. I have had them myself but it's been a long time.
    Mountainmom1994

Answer by Mountainmom1994 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I like to go whether or not I'm going to buy anything... mainly because I'm always up for a new idea or new product. It's also fun to get out of the house and talk to other women.
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 9:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I like them but the funny thing is I'm hardly ever invited to one. I'm a distributor for Scentsy so I'm always taking my products in for hostesses. I never go through a boring talk or pressure people to host. I think a combination of the great products and the fact that I try to make it fun make people want to host. I am going to an Arbonne party later this month and a Stampin Up party next month so that will be fun. I can't remember the last time I went when I wasn't the one working. I get a lot of my sales online, but I've met a lot of nice people at the parties I have done.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 1:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I love them!
    kelcee_eric_bry

Answer by kelcee_eric_bry at 2:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I love them, but I do candle parties so that is a big must!

I would like to say that NO ONE should ever feel obligated to buy or host their own party. As a consultant I would much rather hear a "No" then deal with someone who doesn't want the product/party in the first place.
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 10:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I LOVE THEM. I'm a Tupperware Manager so I LOVE THEM!!!! I let my friends call me to date parties I don't bother them.
    my2.tupperware.com/amyroca
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 9:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I love them! I am big on home based businesses as I am a consultant for Beauti -Control and a Manager for Tupperware. Yes, I do both. They are ran by the same company. I love to help organize others and I love making people feel beauti-ful:). I think that everyone has an opinion and mind would have to be Parties are Fun and get people together to laugh and enjoy each other. There is so less of this these days.
    rek2

Answer by rek2 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2008