Do any of you believe having a very weak cervix will affect my chances of pregnancy or carrying a child?

My doctor informed me I have a very weak cervix that barely any contact with it I bleed as if I am having my period. It scares me badly! What if I can't have a child? What if I have a lot of miscarriages? They have done test to see what can be done but have hit a dead end.

sjbailey15

Asked by sjbailey15 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know that there is a procedure that you can have done to 'stitch' the cervix so that it will 'hold' while you are pregnant. a friend of mine had it done successfully for 3 babies. I'm not sure what its called

good luck
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It could. This is not usually found until after a lost pregnancy so if your Dr is right then at least you know about it. I would get a second opinion though. here is some info.

http://infertility.suite101.com/article.cfm/cervical_incompetence
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Agree w/ PP, get a second opinion before you get too worried. A cervix that bleeds easily doesn't necessarily mean it won't hold tight. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009