Is it okay to mix different types of bottles? For my shower I was given different types and i want to use them all. However, some are advent and some are other types.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Totally ok if your LO will take them. Mine only wanted Playtex
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Use whatever ur baby like, my dd only used avent cause it was shaped more like me! She didnt like the rest so we never used them
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 5:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• there aren't rules

but it does depend on baby. they all don't like the same bottles - its good to have a variety around if they hate one, try the next. none of my girls liked the same bottle - one loved the playtex drop in liner ones, one was the skinny gerbers and #3 was the fancy new avent (big fat nipples)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Whatever your baby will take.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It would be fine.... but most babies will only take one kind of bottle... I say see which one he/she prefers and stick with that kind..... I BF and my baby girl would only take platex when I wanted to give her pumped milk, but now she won't take the bottle at all... she going through a separation anxioty stage (can happen around 3-4 months) and all she wants is mommy's booby.... good luck!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 6:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have all different kinds and she doesn't care which one she uses. I used all different types from day 1. I think using a mix from the beginning helped her not to be picky
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• some babies only take to one kind of bottle. my DD takes the drop-ins and i have some other bottle that she uses sometimes (not sure the type it is). it's whatever your baby likes.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 6:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We had all kinds, but eventually started using the Dr. Brown's bottles and they are the best for her.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2009