If you had $1 million that you couldn't spend on yourself or your family what would you do with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Split it up between donating to breast cancer research and childrens hospitals.

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would go around my area helping parents with kids and low income fix up their homes and get the children books and other learning supplies.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would start an organization that helps parents with children in the PICU/NICU have a decent place to stay, meals and gas for their vehicle. (Not all hospitals have Ronald McDonald houses)
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would open an artist co-op.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would go buy a lot of food and other necessities and start handing them to people I know in my neighborhood that needed it.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• To cleftAdvocate and the cleft palate foundation and then the doctors and therapists can receive the training they need and families will always have the support they need. One day our kids won't be born with clefts.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• excellent question. I don't think I'd spend it on medical research, especially anything to do with cancer. I believe it's become such a big business now that the medical community doesn't want us having a cure so I think the money would be wasted. so what would I spend it on? I have no clue. Maybe turning old buildings into affordable housing or donating land for co-op gardens for food. I'll have to think on this one and get back to you. great question though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would donate some of it to Breast Cancer research, the rest of it would go to low income families/neighborhoods- I would pick a few needy families and make there lives better with it- fixing there homes, buying food, clothes, education where ever it was needed.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 6:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Autism Research...nothing else just Autism research...i don't think they are doing enough
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Give 1/4 to the CWPT (Civil War preservation Trust)

1/4 to Alzheimer's Research
    1/4 to Sunshine Foundation (they help out with rare disorders like progeria etc)
    1/4 to any research to help prevent or find a cause for SIDS
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009