Health Care Reform

If Congress responded to your concerns about the health care bill, would you even know? If people are shouting over each other in protest, how do you know the answers or if there is a possibility of changing the plan to make it more acceptable? Do you hear the ads trying to reassure you that your worries are not necessary because they are based on lies? Or do you just know everything so you don't need to listen to the Democrats anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What I wonder, Anon, is what would happen if President Obama said, "If we're not going to do it right, we're not going to bother," and just let it all drop.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Well when the POTUS hasn't even read the bill I don't think hearing them tell me what I need to hear is going to change my mind. Until the POTUS sits down and reads line by line what he is shoving down out throats, I'll tune out all the rest of his possey.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Lets not forget too if it is so wonderful why isn't he going to be on it as well as the rest of the Congress?? That means it must not be that good if he doesn't want it personally for him and his little family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The bill is just creating a public option for those who have been unable to obtain a private one. Obama already has government healthcare.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 6:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• How do you know them saying the other side of the fence is lying is not just them countering with lies??? Are you really going to take to heart what a bunch of actors (that are being paid by the pharmaceutical companies) say? Look if this bill is passed everyone who supported it will be singing a different tune if they are still alive to do so. I am starting to think MAYBE this bill should pass so all of you Obamabots can have your eyes slapped open and People will see how horrible he is and throw him from office!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Anon :47, I understand where you're coming from, but please don't say it, lol! If this is passed, this is not reform that can be easily reversed when people realize that it stinks. We can't let it pass to begin with! This is detrimental to the future of our country!
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I can't believe people think this bill is simply giving a health insurance option to people that don't have it. Really? A thousand plus pages for that? And protests across the country? Wow......
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You're right! TV adds should be listened too much more carefully! :( Really??
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 7:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Most of you are missing the point of this question. You have it so set in your minds that health care reform is evil, that you are responding to that, not the question posted.

Again...how will you know if it's changed for the good if you aren't listening OR if you are not believing anything coming from the Dem side?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think that is a huge misstatement. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not saying our healthcare system is perfect. I don't disagree with amending our system of health care. This bill is bad news - not health care reform. There's a difference.

Consider now that healthcare is widely available. I disagree that access is the debate. Anyone can call a doctor, make an appointment, and go on in. It's not free. That's where the disagreement comes in. I believe providing a roof over my family's head, food and medical care for my family is my own responsibility. Other's believe the government should provide those things and the cost is still my responsibility.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009