What is your opinion on this....

How do you feel about Medical Marijuana?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's awesome.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 6:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• totally down with it. personally i think all marijuana should be legal. better than drinking in my opinion.
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 6:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I live in California where they are enlightened regarding the use of medical cannabis. If you're over 18, a prescription from a doctor and you're good to go. Considering that pharmaceutical drugs, cigarettes and alcohol are way more dangerous, medical cannabis seems to be gaining more and more acceptance. Now all they need to do is establish a tax and it can help us out of our state's fiscal crisis!
    diospira

Answer by diospira at 7:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I am down with it, and for regular recreational use.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 7:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Legalize it. Period. Then tax the crap out of it. :)

Here's what confuses me: cigarettes, which are known to cause cancer, are legal. (No I'm not getting on a soapbox here; I smoked for 12 years). However marijuana, although not a cure, has proven beneficial to cancer patients, is not legal. So you can buy and smoke what gives you the disease but not what helps you ease the trauma of it. Could it be that chemo and radiation make more money for the medical profession? Hmmm.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree with it's use. I am on the fence about legalizing it for recreational use. I know the agruements for and against but I also believe that just because it may not be as hazardous or dangerous as cigarettes and alcohol that it should be legal. On the other hand, the money from taxing it would help out a lot.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 8:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

It would be nearly impossible to tax. Or at least collect. But it should be legal. Its not nearly as bad as alcohol. And tobacco was the foundation of the colonies.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think if it's for medical reasons, then it should be administered in a more medically responsible way than a "joint," that's extremely bad for the lungs.

If they can put it in brownies, then they can put it in a pharmaceutical controlled pill form - or something of the kind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think its great and to a pp it comes in lots of froms you dont have to smkoe to be benifitied by it.I think that we ahould ban alcohal and leagalize pot.And tax it sell it like ciggerettes 20 to a pack or what have you.
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 11:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009