Few questions for third trimester

When should you stop laying on your back? will you know?
How do you know if the baby has dropped if he is already low..will he drop?
and will you always know if your having BH?
I know these are kinda stupid questions but i figured it cant hurt to ask..Thanks for your help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• should stop laying on your back in begining of the second trimester

your doctor will tell you if you don't notice

nope, BHs are mysterious creatures and you won't always know
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'm 34 weeks and I find sleeping on my back to be the most comfortable position to sleep. Some people don't like to, and feel short of breath or dizzy if they do. If it doesn't work for you, then stop. My doctor says it's perfectly fine as long as I don't have any negative effects from it-- like shortness of breath or dizziness.

This is my first, so I don't know what to tell you about feeling your baby drop. From what I've read and been told, you feel less pressure under your ribs, and you're able to move better since you have more room all of a sudden.

Braxton hicks contractions, for me, feel like a tightening of the uterus. I actually feel slightly better when they occur as the pressure on my lungs and stomach lessen for a bit. They're painless, too.

Remember that there are a lot of "shoulds" when it comes to pregnancy. You need to find what works for you. The Mayo Guide to a Healthy Preg. was great.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• yeah see thats the same with me i feel better on my back i usually try and sleep on my sides but i do sleep on my back sometimes and i lay on my back when im awake...
    the baby isnt really near my ribs at all thats why im wondering plus i have asthma so i cant breath as it is so even if he did drop i doubt i would be able to tell from that
    i dont think i've had any BH so far and im 32wks i was just wondering if you could of had them and not known idk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have 3 kids, ya know what my opinion is about laying on your back ? honey lay whatever way is most comfortable for you. When you get farther along it is like you couldn't get comfortable if you stood on your head lol. You will know when your baby has dropped because it will no longer fell like it is in your lungs and all the extra pressure in your pelvic area. And Braxton Hix trust me you will know the difference when the time comes. You will probably have several times that you go to the hospital with false labor, we all have. But when the time comes you will know, Good Luck!
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You only have to stop laying on your back if it causes problems for you. You will notice if it causes a problem. It will either not be comfortable, or you will feel out of breath. There is no harm to the baby by sleeping on your back. My doctor told me to sleep however I was comfortable.

You will probably notice that your clothes fit a little differently after the baby drops. He may not drop until you're in labor though. My son still hadn't dropped at 39 weeks when I had a c section.

Not sure about the BH. Never had them.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2009