Potty training my twin 21 month old daughters.

Tell me your potty training stories, when you started, how you started, how long it took, :).

I just started today, and so far our thing (which could change daily) has been to clear out the living room of toys (except a basket of books and some toys, and sitting the two baby pottys on either side of the basket. I have the tv on also. They are just naked, and im sitting them down on the potties every 30 mins. They have both peed three- four times on the pot and pooed (they usually go once a day) on the pot once. Sophia peed on the floor once, and Lily did twice.

For naps and night times we will do diapers for a while.

I think I am going to try this for a week, and if its not going anywhere i'll put everything away for a few weeks and try again.

they both stay pretty dry during naps and night time, tell me when they are going "stinky" and pull their diapers off at the first sign of wetness. :)

mumof2wins

Asked by mumof2wins at 6:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, what a trooper doing this for twins!

Sounds like the exact plan I'm going through now. The only thing I can add is you better decide your "leaving the house" strategy after the first couple days of lock-down training.

I've heard lots of different solutions - just taking short outings at first, giving them pull-ups for big outings, taking a travel potty or folding potty seat....

It's up to you.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009