Creative ways of telling parents/in laws YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!!

I'm soooooooooooooooo excited!!! I just found out today that I am expecting again!!! YYYAAAAHHHHH!!!! :D How did you all tell your parents and his parents that you were pregnant?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, when I lived at home it was always my job to do the dishes. I called home after moving out and there was a lot of banging in the background. My mom said Dad was installing the new dishwasher. So when I told my parents I was pregnant the first time I called home and told them I was getting a dishwasher.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I got ours card that was something about a new chapter in life... and gave them Grandparents picture frames... my cousin went to their homes in a beautiful blinged-out shirt that said MOMMY on it. My uncle was like - WHAT are you doing?? You don't have kids! She was like - well you thought... LOL

Congrats to you!!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• For my MIL I put the U/S pic in a card that said "Happy Grand-Mother's Day!" I had it leftover from some cards I had bought for Mother's Day that last year. She cried when she saw it!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Well, the first time I got pregnant...my mom found the home pregnancy test in the trash lol. My second pregnancy I asked my sister to tell my mom and she locked herself in the bathroom and cried...yeah!

But a cute way that I let our older kids know that we were having a baby after all these years,was a Baskin Robin ice-cream cake, that said, "surprise! baby on the way".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I found a "new grandparents" card at Babies R Us. I made copies of my first ultrasound and I put it inside the card and listed my due date. That was for my in-laws. For my parents I bought my son a shirt that had "only child" crossed out with "big brother" written under it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• For my son we bought a grandpa/grandma picture frame. For my daughter we took a big jar of pickles tied with a pink and blue ribbon to a 4th of July picnic. Congrats on the pregnancy! How exciting!
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Honestly I was scared to tell my parents. I knew since I wasn't married at the time it would hurt them so since I couldn't muster the words I simply asked my mom if maternity was part of our health coverage. I actually started dropping hints today to her too the same way (im married now but we are changing insurance companies) just wanted to see her reaction) I said 'so I made sure the new coverage had maternity benefits' she laughed and poked my stomach and said 'O what a relief I thought you were just getting fat and moody'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We just called and told them. Our families get carried away and make it all about them, so we didn't want to give them any more reason to by doing something special just for them. I know that sounds bad, but if you knew them (both sides lol) you'd understand!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We had our 2.5 year old run up to the grandparents and say Im going to be a big sister! While we just smiled behind them!
    We also bought a shirt for her and were going to write on it "Im going to be a BIG SISTER" but..we couldnt wait long enough to have the time to make a shirt! :)
    Congrats! Let us know how you tell them!
    SaraNRiley

Answer by SaraNRiley at 7:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We don't live near any of our relatives so I made signs that said "we're getting a new sister" and "or brother" and then I used ribbon to attach them to my dogs' necks. Then I surrounded a dog bed with all their dog toys and made them sit on the dog bed wearing the signs and I took a picture. It's my profile picture. Then I uploaded the pic to shutterfly and had cards made and on the inside it said

birthdate - august 4, 2009 ( 2 weeks)
    weight - 0.04 oz (for now)
    length - 0.14 inch and growing

Happy New Year Grandma and Grandpa!

Or something along those lines in the weight and length, I looked up what the average was for how far along I was and put that in. Then I had the cards sent to my parents and my in-laws and waited impatiently for the phone calls. Then about a week later I had an ultrasound and the due date was changed to August 27th. LOL! That's okay, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009