I can't afford diapers, so I am going to potty train...

Is not being able to afford diapers a reason to "hurry" potty training?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If your child is developmentally ready - I don't see that as a bad reason.

With our son, I decided no more of my money was being spent on diapers but he was ready to potty train because he was trained in a matter of about 3 weeks... at night, too. He was about 25 months old at the time. We did NOT purchase pullups - in fact, a package was given to us and still is in the top of his closet well over a year later - lol.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• absolutly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You can try but unless he's ready it won't really do much good. If he is ready- go for it! Diapers are really expensive lol!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Try to find cloth diapers in second hand shops, on freecycle and on craigslist

Answer by rkoloms at 7:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• ONLY if they seem ready. If you try to PUSH and your child isn't ready it can end up being a LOT worse of an experience for you and your child. Diapers are expensive, I like some of the other tips, maybe try cloth
    EBeauty03

Answer by EBeauty03 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• yup...you can always use cloth diapers like someone else suggested...forcing children to perform certain behaviors is wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If your child isn't ready, you won't have much luch and will probably end up spending more on your water bill by having to wash clothes, underwear and sheets so often...not to mention carpet shampooing if you have carpet in your house.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2009