Feeding my 5 and a half moth old daughter?

I started my daughter, izabella on rice cereal a while ago (in the bottle), but know we are doing foods. I have given enough to know she is not allergic to peas, sweet potatoes, and prunes. How much should she be eating a day? A half a jar of two different ones, through out the day? Any suggestions would really help!! When should I start giving juice to her, and should I just do it in a sippy cup, and not the bottle at all? Also, as far as other foods, squash, bananas, etc. when should I try other foods? I have had two different people tell me now, that they did not give their kids anything but milk, until they were a year old!! Any feedback I would really greatly appreciate!!
Thank You!

Meghan

Mom of Gunner age 7 and Izabella (Izzy) 5 and a half months

Momofgunnerizzy

Asked by Momofgunnerizzy at 7:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My daughter was born on 2/25/09. I started giving her cereal about a month ago. I have also given her prunes, carrots, sweet potoatoes. I have given her diluted juice in a bottle about 2 times and in a sippy cup twice also. I am currently giving her ceral once or twice a day on a daily basis. I think I'm going to wait until she is 6 months old to start feeding her more solids. I plan on checking with pediatrician at her check-up to see what he thinks.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Just introduce each one slowly to her so you know if she will have a reaction to it. At that age my dd was eating a whole jar of each food at each meal time. I wouldn't introduce the sippy to her just yet I would more wait until she's about ready to get off of the bottle or BF if that is what you are doing. Take your time when introducing new foods. My kids are older and they have had zero problems. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009